It’s finally that time of the year when you can forget about your assignments and classes for a little while and enjoy a quick relaxing break. Spring break is the weeklong vacation that takes place during the early spring. This article is meant to give you some valuable tips on how you could spend this free week if you are an international student.
More than half of the students choose to travel somewhere during the spring break and the most popular destinations are beaches and the mountains. So, whether you are a mountain or a sea person, I hope this article will help you decide what you want to do during spring break.
Leading the race for the most popular spring break destination among students is Cancun, in Mexico. The reasons for this are countless. Cancun has a reputation built on parties, but is this really all that it has to offer? Well, no. This marvelous city has plenty of other beautiful things on the plate, such as:
- Its amazing beach, full of students during the spring break;
- The significant Mayan ruins such as the Yamil Lu’um and El Rey;
- A historical museum specialized in ancient civilization (Museo Maya de Cancun);
- A tequila museum, to feel the real taste of Mexico.
If you want to go further away and still want to spend your spring break at the beach, then maybe you can try Spain’s Costa Brava. This resort is also suitable for people who like mountains because it is beachy as much as it is rocky. The mountain scenery combined with the amazing beauty of the Mediterranean Sea will surely blow you away. This being said, let’s see what this place has to offer:
- Sports opportunities such as golf, football or tennis. You can also take part in water sports, or if you are a bike person, you can go biking through the amazing hills of The Sant Daniel Valley.
- In terms of culture, there are a lot of places for you to check out, too. If you like modern art, you can visit the Theatre Museum in Figueres where you can admire the paintings of Salvador Dali. Another interesting museum is the Archeological Museum in Banyoles that is situated in a Gothic palace. The architecture of this place is unique and the displays are very interesting.
- The nightlife in Costa Brava is not spectacular, but there are nearby towns such as Lloret de Mar that have plenty of nightclubs that wait for fresh students.
Other Tips & Tricks
If you need other travel recommendations, you can always check various travel websites and see the most popular spring break destinations. It is important to prepare ahead of time if you are an international student because you may need a visa to travel to some countries. Therefore, check if your travel documents are updated before going into further planning your holiday.
Another great tip about traveling is the one regarding flights. If you decide to fly to your destination, then it is recommended to check your flight schedule a few weeks, or maybe months before the break, in order to get the best ticket deals.
On the other hand, staying local during spring break is OK, too. Maybe you had a harsh time during this semester and you need a well-deserved pause. A week unplugged from all the tension and stress is always welcomed. Take it as a chance to explore the city you study in.
In addition, volunteering is another thing that you can do during this holiday. There are numerous spring break opportunities for volunteers. Volunteering also helps you by providing some professional experience that you can include on your resume.
So, there are a lot of things to do during the spring break. It all depends on your preferences and budget. Still, whatever you decide to do, be sure to make the most of it.